Tuesday, May 8, 2012

nom nom: morimoto's

It was a double celebration on a lovely Saturday evening, and by double, I mean a graduation and birthday...all for one very special person!!!
My friends and I decided to take out the very deserving birthday-soon-to-be-graduate to a nice dinner, and what better place than Morimoto's!
I was beyond excited not only to eat at this fabulous restaurant by the world renowned Iron Chef, but to also hang out with some of my oldest friends. 

Here's to an excellent night of fun!


welcome to Morimoto's! so chic and modern.
Tofu made tableside. Some of the BEST tofu I have eaten. Highly recommended.
Calamari Salad. That's the calamari hiding under all that lettuce. YUMMO.
Morimoto style takoyaki. With some huge pieces of abalone inside.
Shrimp Tempura Maki. Eh, nothing extraordinary if you ask me.
Misoyaki Butterfish. Oh this was deeeelish.
Crispy Mediterranean Sea Bass. It looks pretty disgusting having your food stare back at you, but it was pretty good.
Loco Moto with Wagyu Beef. Look at the size of this thing!!!
Seafood Bouillabaisse in a spicy miso sauce. I spy lobster!
The chosen dessert of the night. Salted Peanut Butter something or other with gold flakes. Salted Peanut Butter ice cream was an unusual but interesting treat.
Yes, we are so proud of this lovely thing. :)


 Morimoto's at the Modern Honolulu
1775 Ala Moana Boulevard  
Honolulu, HI 96815


No comments:

Post a Comment