Tuesday, May 1, 2012

project: glass bar necklace

Sometimes amazing things can happen when you least expect it. One night I was killing time in Waikele and decided to pop into Lowe's since it was the only store open. Going up and down every aisle just to let the time tick away, I came upon the tile section. And so began my next project. 

I stared at all these amazing glass tiles in tons of colors: blue, green, beige, clear, black, smoky gray. And not wanting to tackle redo-ing my bathroom or kitchen backsplash, I decided to incorporate the glass into jewelry. 

What started out as a sheet of glass tiles turned into something I absolutely adore.

glass tile sheet

upclose look.

the final product!

with some sterling silver wire and chain, anything is possible!


Glass tile sheet found at Lowe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment